The Food Lion Charitable Foundation is committed to supporting the communities we serve. We love giving back by donating to deserving groups and organizations that provide critical services within our operating areas. Therefore, the Food Lion Charitable Foundation focuses its philanthropic giving on eliminating hunger and food insecurity in our communities.
If you are interested in applying for a grant, the Food Lion Food Charitable Foundation is currently accepting grant applications through our new on-line application process.
To submit a request online:
(1) Go to
(2) Click on Community Outreach<- Click on Community Outreach
(3) Click on the tab for Donations and Sponsorship Requests
(4) Click on the APPLY NOW link
(5) The system requests the Charity ID, which is the Tax ID #.
- The ID should be entered as xx-xxxxxxx
(6) Complete the form and submit your grant request
For your grant application, you must upload the following documents:
- (1) 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter
- (2) Current W-9
- (3) A letter from the director of your local Feeding America food bank or the United Way confirming your organizationís affiliation is in good standing.
Organizations must be within a 25 mile radius of a Food Lion store in order to be eligible for grant consideration.
Spring Deadline: March 15, 2014 for the May 2014 Board Grant Review Meeting
Organizations will be notified of grant awards in late June 2014.
Fall Deadline: September 15, 2014 for the November 2014 Board Grant Review Meeting
Organizations will be notified of grant awards in late December 2014.
Food Lion Charitable Foundation
P.O. Box 1330
Salisbury, N.C. 28145-1330